Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A new beginning

Greetings Brothers and friends.

So many people have an adverse view of Masons and Masonry. I want to change that by opening up the discussion about what it is and what it isn't. Yes, I am a Mason. No, I won't be revealing any of the "secrets" of Masonry. But, in a way ... I'll be opening up the door of the lodge room to show Masonry in a different light. I'll be showing Masonry to be an operative science, even for speculative masons.

What do I mean by this? Simple. We're not hammering away at stones anymore. We're in the workplace, in the fields, on the streets ... in the everyday world. Masonry has helped us become better men, better employees, better husbands / fathers, and better warriors. In short, Masonry has helped us to become better leaders. Leaders of others and leaders of ourselves.

In the following posts, and in upcoming books and speaking engagements, I'll be opening the door to let the world see this aspect of the craft - Masonry as a Leadership Academy.

"A true Mason labors for the benefit of those who will come after him ... To plant the trees that, after we are dead, shall shelter our children, is as natural as to love the shade of those that our fathers planted." - Albert Pike

No comments:

Post a Comment